Enjoy Even Lower Prices
Helping You Get You There for Half the Price
When it comes to paying their COTA fares, we want to make certain all customers can ride COTA. To help ensure that more
people are able to get to and from their destinations, we offer discounted fares to select groups. This includes riders
with disabilities, seniors, students, and others.
Persons eligible for half-price fares include:
- People 65 years of age or older. A Senior ID is valid for three years and requires only a photo
ID with your birth date.
- Persons with disabilities who are, according to Federal and State law, “unable without special
facilities or special planning or design to utilize public transportation facilities and services effectively.”
[49 USC 1608 (c)(4), Section 99206.5, CA PUC]. Learn more about accessibility for
- Medicare card holders who have a Key ID, which can be acquired by presenting a Medicare card, a
photo ID and by completing the reduced fare
- Present your Veteran ID Card (VIC) to the Guest Services counter in the Customer Experience Center. The discount card is valid for two years. To learn more, read the discount fare
- Enrolled students at The Ohio State University, Capital University, Columbus College of Art and
Design, and students attending Columbus City Schools, who have an ID displaying the COTA logo. Students must be
currently enrolled and swipe a valid ID when boarding the bus. To get more details, read about our student
|Fare Option||Regular Fares||Reduced Rate Fares|
|Standard and Frequent||$2.00||$1.00|
|With ADA Card||Free||Free|
*Free transfers are available upon request and are valid for up to two hours.