CMAX: Central Ohio’s First Bus Rapid Transit Line
CMAX, COTA’s new service along Cleveland Avenue, launched Jan. 1, 2018. CMAX combines convenience, reliability and technology to get customers where they need to go quickly.
CMAX at a glance
- $48.6M investment including $37.5M in federal funds
- Limited stops to facilitate faster service
- Dedicated lanes on High Street during rush hours
- Traffic signal priority from Fort Hayes to Route 161
- USB ports for riders
- All new CMAX bus stations
- New Northland Transit Center
- Upgraded Northern Lights Park & Ride
- Public artwork adorns stations
- LCD real-time bus information screens
|Downtown to SR-161||10 min.||15 min.||15 min.||15 min.|
|SR-161 to Polaris Parkway/Africa Road||30 min.||30 min.||30 min.||30 min.|
CMAX connects customers to major destinations along Cleveland Avenue between downtown Columbus and Polaris Parkway/Africa Road.
Please Note: Beginning at 10 p.m. nightly, CMAX service will include all Line 6 stops north of downtown.