CMAX: Central Ohio’s First Bus Rapid Transit Line
CMAX, COTA’s new service along Cleveland Avenue , launched on Jan. 1, 2018. CMAX combines convenience, reliability and technology to get customers where they need to go quickly.
CMAX fare will be free for all riders on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 in honor of the CMAX Ribbon Cutting.
CMAX At a Glance
- $48 million investment
- Limited stops
- Dedicated lanes on High Street during rush hours
- Traffic signal priority from Fort Hayes to SR-161
- Customer technology enhancements
- Enhanced CMAX stations
- New Northland Transit Center
- Upgraded Northern Lights Park & Ride
- Public artwork
- LCD real-time bus information screens
|Downtown to SR-161||10 min.||15 min.||15 min.||15 min.|
|SR-161 to Polaris Parkway/Africa Road||30 min.||30 min.||30 min.||30 min.|
CMAX connects customers to major destinations along Cleveland Avenue between downtown Columbus and Polaris Parkway/Africa Road.
Please Note: Beginning at 10 p.m. nightly, CMAX service will include all Line 6 stops north of downtown.