CMAX: Central Ohio’s First Bus Rapid Transit Line
CMAX, COTA’s new service along Cleveland Avenue , launched on Jan. 1, 2018. CMAX combines convenience, reliability and technology to get customers where they need to go quickly.
CMAX At a Glance
- $48 million investment
- Limited stops
- Dedicated lanes on High Street during rush hours
- Traffic signal priority from Fort Hayes to SR-161
- Customer technology enhancements
- Enhanced CMAX stations
- New Northland Transit Center
- Upgraded Northern Lights Park & Ride
- Public artwork
- LCD real-time bus information screens
|Downtown to SR-161||10 min.||15 min.||15 min.||15 min.|
|SR-161 to Polaris Parkway/Africa Road||30 min.||30 min.||30 min.||30 min.|
CMAX connects customers to major destinations along Cleveland Avenue between downtown Columbus and Polaris Parkway/Africa Road.
Please Note: Beginning at 10 p.m. nightly, CMAX service will include all Line 6 stops north of downtown.