It’s Easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Plan Ahead
- Know where you want to go and when.
- Arrive at the bus stop 5 minutes before the scheduled time.
2. Pay the Fare
- Pay Cash
- You must have exact cash fare. Drivers do not carry change.
- Purchase a pass
- Pay with COTA Connector
- Activate ride ticket on your phone and scan on Farebox
- Scan smart card on Farebox
- More details at cota.com/cotaconnector
- Ask your operator for a transfer pass if needed. Transfers are free and good for two hours.
3. Signal to Stop
- Signal to stop by pulling the yellow cord above the window.
- Stops are announced ahead of time. Please pay close attention to your planned stop.
- Exit through the back door; this helps keep buses on time. Push on the door to exit.
Additional Rider Info
MORPC Emergency Ride Home Program– Mid Ohio Regional Planning Commission (MORPC) offers a free service to prevent users of alternative transportation from being stranded at work due to illness, unexpected overtime, etc. Learn more.
Downtown C-pass-The Downtown C-pass provides eligible downtown workers unlimited access to the entire bus system of Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) thanks to the partnership of the Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission (MORPC), COTA and Capital Crossroads Special Improvement District (CCSID) downtown property owners. Eligible workers and some residents can use the C-pass any day, any time, on any route. Learn more.
Transit App: Use Transit App for real-time bus tracking, trip planning and more! Available in Itunes and Google Play. Learn more.