Information for Columbus City Schools students
Columbus is your city. Get moving with COTA! As an 8th through 12th grade Columbus City Schools student, your C-pass provides free, unlimited public transportation access any day, any time and on any route. From school to work to practice — and everything in between — we’re heading wherever life takes you.
If you’re a 9th through 12th grade CCS student, your C-pass is currently available. If you’re an 8th grade CCS student, your C-pass will be available starting March 17, 2021.
Make your ride as smooth as possible with these tips.
Setting up your C-pass
As a student, we know you’re always on the go. Use your smartphone for quick C-pass access. Simply download the COTA Connector app on the App Store or Google Play and follow these steps:
- Open the app and tap My Connector.
- Tap New Customer and create your profile and password. Make sure the information you enter exactly matches your Columbus City Schools email address and your first and last name as it appears on official school documents, like your report card.
- Create a unique password and tap Sign Up.
- Tap Create Your Wallet and then Create New Card to give your C-pass a name.
- You’re now ready to roll!
If you need a hard pass instead, tell your school’s C-pass administrator.
Using your C-pass
To ride with your C-pass in the COTA Connector app, just tap Pay As You Go and follow these steps:
- Tap “C-pass Mobile.” You’ll be asked to confirm activation of your bus pass. Once your bus arrives, tap “Yes.”
- A QR code will appear on your screen. This code is only active for 5 minutes, and your app will generate a new one each time you ride.
- Scan the QR code at your vehicle’s farebox. For easy scanning, make sure your phone’s brightness is turned up all the way.
- For a hard pass, you’ll swipe through the farebox instead of scanning a QR code.
For your convenience, these steps are the same every time you ride. You’ll be a pro at riding COTA in no time!
Browse the web
All of our buses have free public WiFi! Whether you want to get ahead on homework or take a break with a scroll through social media, just connect to the COTA Passenger WiFi network once aboard your bus.
- Have your phone’s brightness turned all the way up for easy scanning at the farebox
- Since each generated QR code is only active for 5 minutes, wait until your bus arrives to confirm its activation
- If you change phones or phone numbers, contact your school’s C-pass administrator to transfer your pass.
- If you need a hard pass, just ask your school’s C-pass administrator and they can provide one. You’ll swipe this hard pass through the farebox each time instead of scanning a QR code.
- You never need to add funds to use your C-pass. As a CCS student, you have access to unlimited rides!
Know before you go
You have enough assignments to complete, so we created these detailed maps and brochures to help you see what lines and stops are around your school. You can also use the COTA Trip Planner to plan your route. If you have any questions, please call Customer Care at (614) 228-1776.
High Schools, Career Centers, and Learning Extension Centers
Columbus Global/Columbus North International
Region 1 Learning Extension Center
Region 2 Learning Extension Center
Region 3 Learning Extension Center
Region 4 Learning Extension Center
Region 5 Learning Extension Center
Region 6 Learning Extension Center
Columbus City Prep for Boys
Columbus City Prep for Girls
How to Ride
Video coming soon for a step-by-step visual guide from our Travel Trainers about using a COTA vehicle.
Where to next?
Your C-pass isn’t just for school. Travel to work, practice, extracurriculars, internships, errands and more. With COTA, you never need to worry about finding a ride.
Enjoy your trip!
We’re here to help! For assistance setting up your C-pass account, call COTA Customer Care at (614) 228-1776 or contact your school office for additional support. Customer Care hours are 6 am to 8 pm, Monday through Friday and 8 am to 6 pm Saturday and Sunday.