The Future is Bright
Moving Forward to 2022
As we reflect on the accomplishments of 2021, we cannot help but feel a sense of gratitude and excitement for the year to come. Thanks to the hard work and dedication of Team COTA, we are primed to advance in ways that truly move every life forward in our region.
In 2021, COTA reached a number of meaningful milestones:
- COTA’s first fully electric, zero-emission vehicles took to the streets of Central Ohio — a vital step toward our diesel-free mission;
- We broke ground at our McKinley facility, kicking off an enormous renovation project that will support a more sustainable, environmentally friendly fleet;
- We partnered with Columbus Public Health to offer no-fare transportation to COVID-19 vaccination appointments;
- Perhaps most significantly, we launched a new fare policy and payment system built on a foundation of equity, making mobility solutions more accessible for our customers who need them the most.
In 2022, COTA will build on this positive momentum with the launch of several exciting initiatives, such as:
- Implementing 10 fully electric vehicles into our fleet;
- Advancing our facility renovations to create a more sustainable transit system that will achieve net-zero carbon dioxide emissions by 2050;
- Partnering with the City of Columbus, the Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission and Franklin County to further the LinkUS Columbus mission, bringing us one step closer to high-capacity transit that will make COTA’s services more efficient, reliable and customer-friendly.
We are confident that, together, we will turn the challenges ahead into opportunities for growth. To our dedicated team members, community leaders, advocates and, most importantly, customers, thank you for your support. COTA is grateful to have each and every one of you along for the ride.