Bike, Ride, Relax and Let COTA Do the Driving
Every COTA bus has two bike racks located at the front of the bus. The bike racks are free and easy to use. Just load your bike on the bike rack and jump on board.
How to Bike & Bus
COTA bike racks fit most types and sizes of bikes. Load and unload your bike easily with these step-by-step guides. But first, watch the video to see if it answers your questions!
Load Your Bike
STEP 1: GET READY
- Remove all loose items that could fall off your bike.
STEP 2: GIVE THE DRIVER A SIGNAL
- Make sure the bus driver knows that you want to load your bike.
- When the bus stops, you can begin to load your bike. Always load from the curb side.
STEP 3: LOCK AND GO
- Squeeze the handle on the bike rack to release the latch and lower the rack.
- Lift your bike onto the rack and position the bike into the rack’s wheel wells. Make sure your front tire is on the same end as the support arm.
- Raise and pull the support arm up and over the bike’s front tire.
- Tip: Be polite. Use the closest open bike rack to the bus.
Unload Your Bike
STEP 1: REMIND THE DRIVER
- When you get close to your stop, remind the bus driver that you need to unload your bike.
STEP 2: RELEASE AND GO
- Raise the support arm off the front tire and lower it out of the way.
- Lift your bike out of the rack. If yours was the only bike on the rack, return the rack to the upright and locked position.
- Signal the bus driver that you have removed your bike.
Bikes are mounted at the user’s risk. COTA is not responsible for any theft or damage while the bike is mounted on the rack or located at any COTA facility.