Redefining the monthly pass.
Sometimes you’re on vacation. Sometimes you work a different schedule. Sometimes accidents happen and you need a ride in the middle of the month.
Now COTA has a better option for the sometimes in your life: The new 31-Day Pass that lets you activate it when you need it !
Beginning January 2012, a new 31-day pass will replace the monthly bus pass. If you currently use a Local Monthly Pass, Express Monthly Pass or Discount Monthly Pass, here’s what you need to know:
1. The new 31-Day Pass be will available to purchase beginning Dec. 15, 2011.
2. The pass provides 31 days of consecutive riding.
3. You can buy and activate your pass at any time.
How to use the 31-Day Pass
1. The 31-Day Pass must be activated to use. To activate, insert the pass into the box to the right of the farebox. Once activated, the activation date and expiration date (the date it is no longer valid) is printed on the back of your pass.
2. The next time you ride, swipe the pass through the farebox.
Why change to a 31-Day Pass?
Two words: convenience and flexibility. You can buy multiple passes at one time and activate them according to your schedule.
For more information, call Customer Service at (614) 228-1776.