Can’t Get to a Bus Stop? COTA Mainstream Will Pick You Up.
Mainstream is a shared-ride service, scheduled in advance, and available as a Point-to-Point service to customers upon request whose need is determined through ADA paratransit eligibility process. Eligibility requirements are based on the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA).
You must have an ADA photo ID issued by COTA to use Mainstream Paratransit Service, which is defined as:
- Within ¾ mile of COTA fixed-route bus line
- During fixed route hours of operation
If you need to go beyond ¾ mile of COTA fixed-route bus line or ride outside fixed-route hours of operation, you can still ride Mainstream but your trip will cost more. These Non-ADA trips are based on availability.
COTA also offers Will Call Services for paratransit riders who need rides for on-going long-term medical treatments such as dialysis or chemotherapy. Call UTS at (800) 838-7433 to schedule your ride at least one hour before every pickup, whether to or from your destination.
Will Call rides are available Monday-Friday, 5 am to 9 pm.
Exact change is required. Mainstream drivers do not carry change. Service animals and one assistant ride free.
How to Apply:
- Download the Mainstream Application.
- Complete and sign Part I of the application.
- Have your physician or licensed professional complete and sign Part II.
- After completing the application, please call our Mobility Coordinator at (614) 275-5833 to schedule an appointment to submit your application and attend an interview/functional assessment.
- Eligible customers must obtain an ADA photo ID before riding. Get yours at William J. Lhota Building, COTA Pass Sales Office, 33 N. High St.
For More Information
- Download the COTA Mainstream Handbook for details on fares, reservations, riding tips and more.
- For a copy of our No-Show Policy, please click here.
- Click here to download our Will Call Services brochure.
- Click here for answers to some frequently asked questions regarding our Will Call Program.